New-Fit-Land Fitness

New-Fit-Land Fitness
New Logo

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Upper Body Workout!

HI Everyone!  I went to the gym yesterday and this is my upper body workout that I did (I'm still not versed in all of the fitness lingo quite yet):
(...and I'm writing this drinking the cranpeary cucumber fat blaster smoothie for lunch :))

20 minutes fast walking on an incline and 5 minutes rowing to warm up...try not to stretch to warm up, moving your muscles is much better than stretching them (think of them as hard spaghetti before you warm-up, once you're warmed up your muscles can be stretched without tearing :))  I like to warm up on the elliptical or the tredmil for a few minutes before a workout, and the rower if I'm working my upper body that day...

Rotation of (3 sets of each):
60-70lbs tricep extension (1st set on 60, 2nd and 3rd set 70lbs)
60-85lbs lat pulldown (1st set on 60, 2nd set on 75 and 3rd set on 85lbs)

Then I did a circut consisting of 3 rotations (of 5 exercises) - all free weights:
15lb over-head tricep extension (15 of them)
5lb pec flys (15 of them)
12lb hammer/bicep curls (24 of them - 12 on each arm)
20lb bent over bench row (26 - 13 on each side/arm)
15lb (in each hand)free weight bench press
(repeat two more times).

Then:
Sit-ups, V-sits, back extensions with a 10lb weight (3 sets of 15), and lots of...STRETCHING!!!

One of my next blogs will be able your muscle goods andgreat exercises to strengthen them...but for now...

Commit to be fit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment