New-Fit-Land Fitness

New-Fit-Land Fitness
New Logo

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Breakfast Smoothie - Cranberry-pear fat blaster!

Hi Everyone! (I'm down 2 pounds and my clothes fit WAY better!)

I tried my new smoothie recipe this morning:

2 ripe pears (Bartlett or Asian) - I used Bartlett because the store was out of Asian.
1/2 cucumber (peeled)
1/4 of a lemon (squeeze the juice into the blender)
2 tbsp. thawed cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2" - 1" chunck of ginger grated (1/2" chunck is more than enough)
This makes 2 servings.

My thoughts:
It's an OKAY smoothie...while I would much prefer just berries blended with yogurt, or tropical fruits, this smoothie if you can handle the taste it totally worth it.  It took care of my appetite all morning, and I was not trying to snack at all.  Although I am not a fan of cranberries OR ginger...I can manage to drink it.  And getting used to a cucumber smoothie was different.  I recommend you definately try it, you can also alternate between this smoothie and other smoothie recipes for a little big of variety.  But I am going to do this smoothie for 3-5 mornings before I begin to mix it up.  A smoothie is a great way to lots of vitamins, nutrients, and an engery boost in the morning to last you well into lunch time!  And don't be afraid to throw some vegetables in the blender as well!  I will post more smoothie receipes as I try them.

About the smoothie...
Its benefits include:
  • Cranberries:  Studies suggest that cranberries contain enzymes that boost metabolism and acids that help dissolve fat.  They are also a diuretic, so they flush out your system and help you get rid of water weight.
  • Pears:  One study found that eating pears can actually help you lose more weight (this is probably due to all of the soluble fibre in them).  The fibre fights hunger and blocks some calories from being absorbed.
  • Ginger:  Is the richest plant-based source of zinc in the world.  It's great at soothing the cellular inflammtion linked to our current obesity epidemic.  Plus, it boost immunity.  And when we feel well, we tend to eat less without trying!
"Biophotons" is a type of energy from sunlight that gets trapped in raw fruits and vegetables.  Once food has been cooked the biophotons are gone.  According to one German research, "biophotons fuel mitochondria, the little energy factories in our cells".  This is great for overall wellness, and it "helps promote weight loss".  Because when you're more energized, you're moving, and when you're moving, you are burning more calories. 

Looking for some healthy snack ideas?  You can drink unlimited HERBAL teas and drink them with NO sugar or milk or you LOSE the health benefits.  Teaopia.com is an AMAZING website for great tasting loose tea!  Check out the "slim and slender" kind, it's amazing!
2 cups of raw vegetables (no dip, let's be serious...).
1 piece of fruit or 1 cup of berries (I would go for the berries - they have more benefits).

Commit to be fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment